Rukiya's World: TV Fashionistas | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rukiya's World: TV Fashionistas

I love watching re-runs of old TV shows and observing the fashion throw backs. The 80's and 90's definitely had its share of fashionistas on TV. Even though all of these shows were either ahead of my time or just started airing when I was born, I still feel a fashion kinship with particular characters. I give you my top 4 TV fashionistas (in no particular order).


Detective Judith "Judy" Hoffs, 21 Jump Street

Clearly, Holly was sporting the "boyfriend blazer" with skinny jeans way back in the day.


Whitley Gilbert, A Different World

Whitley used to name drop people like Yves Saint Laurent way before he was known by the not-so-fashionable masses. She was always conservative yet fashion forward. Not only that but Ms. Gilbert was always fabulously groomed within an inch of her life!




Denise Huxtable, The Cosby Show

Denise always kept it boho and grunge with her trendsetting style.



Hillary Banks, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

One thing I liked about Hillary is in the early days of the show she always managed to keep it classy by adding a hat to her outfit.

0 comments: