DC Fashion Week: H Street Festival Fashion Show | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Monday, September 21, 2009

DC Fashion Week: H Street Festival Fashion Show

This was my first year attending the H Street Festival. Can you believe that I am a native? I am and it was my first time. I loved every minute of it. Of course, my main interest was the Festival's Fashion Show, one of the events rounding DC Fashion Week before their big show at the French Embassy on Sunday.

I loved the outdoor runway. It was a great way to give hard-working everyday folks a chance to briefly step inside the world of haute couture. There were quite a few designers from all over the world and their different perspectives were evident in their designs.

I was bowled over by the outdoor makeup setup. You just can not be more open than allowing people to see the fabulous folks that give models that look. Models would be nowhere without an amazing team of hair and makeup artists. Some of the artists and salons included Makeup Artisty by LaGerie Nicole (or Lala as folks called her), Beautiful Becomings, Charlene, and AB-FAB Designs.








0 comments: