Fashion's Night Out Transforms Georgetown into a Fashion Playground with Over 105 Epic Style Celebrations on September 8, 2011
From a fashion flash mob and a pop-up lounge to a hot air balloon and an enormous, can't-miss wedding giveaway, FNO Georgetown will offer over 105 ways to shop, play and celebrate style! Fashion-forward Georgetown, D.C. will transform into a fashion playground on September 8, 2011 from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m., as over 105 Georgetown stores, restaurants and salons come together to host an extraordinary evening of shopping, entertainment and neighborhood-wide fashion events during the global shopping celebration, Fashion's Night Out. From roaming dancers and a fashion flash mob, a stylish pop-up shoppers' lounge, an epic Georgetown wedding competition and giveaway, and even an old-school haberdashery for the gents, Georgetown's Fashion's Night Out promises shoppers the most memorable fashion industry celebration DC has ever seen for the second year in a row.
One of the highlights of the evening will be the incredible "Get Hitched in Georgetown" wedding contest and giveaway, where DC-area couples will compete for a chance to win an incredible dream wedding. More than 20 Georgetown merchants have teamed up to create the ultimate Georgetown wedding package - including the wedding gown, cake, wedding suite, invitations and even the reception - for one engaged couple. And for those who don't have plans to walk down the aisle anytime soon, spectators are welcome to watch the participants compete for the wedding of their dreams at the TD Bank parking lot from 8:30-9:30 p.m. in what is sure to be an unforgettable showdown. Details of the "Get Hitched in Georgetown" promotion can be found at Fashion's Night Out Georgetown.
Offering a place to dance, sip and refuel between fashion events, the neighborhood will house a lounge exclusively for shoppers, with live music, cool refreshments and more. Brightest Young Things will host the funky and fashionable BYT Lounge at Dean & DeLuca (3276 M St. NW) complete with wine tastings, "flower power" accessory making, a pop-up touch up bar from Nectar Skin Bar and an FNO photo shoot wall for glam photo ops from 6 to 11 p.m.
The popular FNO pedicabs return this year - and in greater numbers - offering shoppers a free (and stylish) way to get from store to store, after showing a receipt from any participating Georgetown merchant that evening.
The excitement was so resounding from last year's event, that FNO Georgetown boasts some exciting new participants this year including AllSaints Spitalfields, Anthropologie, Calvin Klein Underwear, Hugh & Crye, Madewell, UGG Australia, Rag & Bone and more.
Here are some of the other fashionable, don't-miss events happening around the neighborhood during Fashion's Night Out:
- TARI, one of Georgetown's designer vintage boutiques,is celebrating the elegance & glam of Italia on Fashion's Night Out! Shoppers can stop by their boutique for a taste of Roma & Milano and sip Lambrusco, nibble on prosciutto and mozzarella and listen to Sanremo, all while shopping fashions from Gucci, Zegna, Valentino and other high-end designers. And what says Italian luxury more than a red carpet, foreign films, and a brigade of imported cars? They will be the first to showcase the new 2012 Lamborghini Aventador, the only one of its kind in the country! 1525 Wisconsin Avenue, NW.
- "Express Yourself" at Appalachian Spring, where author and style expert Amy E. Goodman will be signing her book "Wear this, Toss That" and giving advice on expressing personal style with the shop's unique handcrafted scarves, bags and jewelry from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The evening will include a trunk show of jewelry designer Anna Balkan who celebrates the unique strength of feminine beauty. 1415 Wisconsin Avenue, NW.
- For the stylish gents, Lost Boys is bringing back "Going Out Lost Boys Style: The Lost Art of the Pre-Game" - transforming the shop into an old fashioned haberdashery! Guys can enjoy traditional straight razor shaves, old fashioned shoe shines, top-shelf bourbon classes, limited edition fashion collection debut, and a barber shop quartet to finish things off. 1033 31st Street, NW.
- Shoppers should get ready to boogie with the ladies of Lush Georgetown as they transform the shop into a roller disco - complete with girls on skates! They'll be getting down all night and will be providing funky foot and hand treatments from 5 to 11 p.m. 3066 M Street, NW.
- Michel Richard Citronelle at the Latham Hotel is combining the worlds of food, wine and fashion during its "Vintage en Vogue" event from 6 to 10 p.m. Guests will sip and sup on hors d'oeuvres by the catwalk as MyDCStyle's April Jones Firoozabadi shares her expert fashion tips and techniques, and offers a look at what the well-dressed will be wearing this coming season, with two fashion shows at 7:00 and 8:30 pm. Tickets are $25 for general admission and $40 for VIP, and can be purchased by calling 202.625.2150. 3000 M Street, NW.
In addition to the 105+ unique, over-the-top store events hosted throughout the neighborhood, the evening will offer tons of spectator excitement as well. An enormous FNO Georgetown Hot Air Balloon will hover high above the neighborhood, signaling that Georgetown is the place to be for the evening. And shoppers should be on the lookout for the Fashion Flash Mob, and feel free to join in!
The event's sponsors have some exciting events planned, with Capitol File Magazine, Passport Mini Cooper of Alexandria, VA and Smartwater participating in neighborhood events throughout the evening. The Washington Post's DC Scout will also be giving out "Scout Books" - the ultimate guide to Georgetown's scouted boutiques - where shoppers can visit DC Scout's participating stores for special gifts with purchases and other exciting promotions.
Participating Georgetown merchants will also be selling chic, personalized Fashion's Night Out tote bags from Shag Bag and signature FNO Georgetown t-shirts with all proceeds directly benefiting Labels for Love, a local DC-based charity that raises funds for and brings awareness to women's and children's causes.
For more details about participating merchant events, please visit our website at Fashion's Night Out Georgetown, Facebook and Twitter (@FNOgeorgetown).
About the Georgetown Business Improvement District
The Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the accessibility, attractiveness and overall appeal of Georgetown. Established in 1999 by its property owners and merchants, the Georgetown BID has more than 1,000 members. The organization is located in the heart of Georgetown in Washington, D.C and sets a standard of excellence in preserving historic charm while meeting contemporary needs. From marketing and special events, to transportation and streetscape, the Georgetown BID contributes to the vitality and quality of life in Georgetown. For more information please visit georgetowndc.com. Also connect with Georgetown on Twitter: www.twitter.com/GeorgetownDC, Facebook: www.facebook.com/OfficialGeorgetownDC and YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/GeorgetownDCTV.
About Fashion's Night Out
Fashion's Night Out (FNO) is an unprecedented global initiative originally created in 2009 to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, and boost the industry's economy during the recession. On September 8, 2011, in response to overwhelming demand, Fashion's Night Out will return to New York City and over 100 cities nationwide to highlight fashion and support retail with exciting events that include designer appearances, celebrity guests, fashion shows and musical performances. In the United States, the program is a collaboration between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York. For more information visit www.fashionsnightout.com, or join us on Facebook and Twitter (@fnonyc, #FNO).