FASHION GRAFFITI: My Open Letter to Tim Gunn | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Friday, August 6, 2010

FASHION GRAFFITI: My Open Letter to Tim Gunn

Yesterday, WWD sent out a newsflash about the sad and increasingly dismal state of Liz Claiborne, Inc. It made my stomach churn. It is so sad to see such an iconic label take such a downward spiral so quickly. I had all of the hope in the world that Tim Gunn and Isaac Mizrahi were going to be able to turn it around. But I am not sure this will happen.

So I am writing this open letter to Tim Gunn to ask him not to abandon ship at Liz Claiborne (although it may be inevitable) but to consider a new opportunity. As a D.C. native, Tim, we could really use you here on our fashion scene. You are major (in the words of Victoria Beckham). Your beloved Corcoran is, in my honest opinion, in desperate need of a Fashion School. Who better to be in charge? You have the street creds and your impeccable and undeniable fashion creds. You are beloved and your word has quickly become the gospel, thanks to Project Runway.

I am a D.C. native too! I am also determined and focused every single day to do what I have to do to ensure that folks know that D.C. has a fashion scene, it is growing and we will eventually be known as one of the places to be in fashion. Mark my word. But it would sure help to have someone of your caliber back home to help us push this movement forward.

So if you could just give my request a little consideration, I would be thankful. If you haven't figured it out by now, I adore you. I was so sorry to have missed the opportunity at Teen Design DC to meet you and to tell you this in person. But D.C. needs you. The fashion scene here needs you. The Corcoran (I know that I am speaking on their behalf but they may not know what is best for them... LOL) needs you. We need a real honest to goodness fashion program at one of the most esteemed design schools in the country. Don't you agree?

Thanks for listening.

Yours truly,

Janice
Editor, The Capitol Fashionista


0 comments: