DC DESIGN EVENT: AIGA DC 50 Awards | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Thursday, June 3, 2010

DC DESIGN EVENT: AIGA DC 50 Awards



Last night, I attended the AIGA DC 50 Awards Show at the Arts Club of Washington. In my other life, I am the head of a graphic design, web design, and publications group. So I am a huge design geek (in addition to a fashion maven). It was so odd that I have never been in the Arts Club of Washington and I have been in D.C. all of my life. But what a cool venue. I bought the coolest buttons and perused some amazing works of art.

But the highlight of my night was meeting Jake LeFebure from Design Army. I love Design Army's work. If you don't know their work, you must be living under a rock. One of their projects in particular that I adore is the Wonderland book they created for the Washington Ballet. I bought a copy and I love it. So appropriately, they won an award last night for the Wonderland book. You can view their portfolio on their web site (click on the word "Design" in Design Army). Congratulations, Design Army. It is most deserved.

0 comments: