DC Fashionista Event: Immortal Beloved Salon Opening | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DC Fashionista Event: Immortal Beloved Salon Opening

I was invited to attend the opening of the Immortal Beloved Salon on Saturday. Immortal Beloved is latest venture by Kelly Gorsuch, one of the nation's leading stylists. This fab spot is located at 1457 Church St, NW, off 14th Street, NW.



The space is amazing. It didn't have the look of a salon from the outside. It looked like a studio space for the latest hip indie rock band. But when I got inside, it screamed "salon."

The chairs are über sleek and modern. The huge handmade wooden mirrors add just the perfect touch allowing clients to get a full visual of their transformations. I totally loved the bird cages at the back - the cages added so much character.

I asked Kelly how did he find such an amazing space. "I knew that I wanted to be in the 14th Street area," Kelly said. "My friend has a salon next door and recommended the space. When I came to look at it, I knew that this was the perfect spot." He added that the space is very open and amazingly well lit during the day thanks to the skylights above which pour in the sunlight each day.








The waiting area was full of more handmade wooden beauties. The receptionist desk is gorgeous, as were the benches arranged randomly but purposefully. I was so blown away at the craftsmanship. Gorsuch and his business partner, Caleb Woodard, built every single piece in the salon, including those fab mirrors.





As promised, there was a cellist setting the mood with Beethoven. She was gracious enough to pose for me with her lovely cello. There was also plenty of wine, beer, and cheese to go around.


0 comments: