DC Fashion Week Finale: Andrew Nowell | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Thursday, September 24, 2009

DC Fashion Week Finale: Andrew Nowell



This was my first time at the DC Fashion Week Finale show. So I was beyond excited. Of course, I was looking hot with my lovely pink J. Crew dress/sweater and my too fab pair of pink metallic patent leather Charles David platform slingbacks. You can't see the entire outfit but trust that I was looking fab. That's one of my hanging buddies who is an amazing seamstress and should be showing her line next year! But I digress.

I was totally loving the ambience except for the rude folks who didn't seem to understand that there were cameras everywhere taking pics! Sit down! LOL. There were some amazing designs that walked that runway. Unfortunately, I had a little bit of a disaster with my brand new camera. I hate trying to program a new camera. What a nightmare. My first set of pics were less than desirable. So the photos below were taken by the official DC Fashion Week Photographer, Mr. Damion Miller.




One of my favorites was Andrew Nowell. I will stop on a dime to gawk (and maybe whistle) at a well-dressed man. Mr. Nowell knows just what we women like to see. I first saw Andrew Nowell's collection at the Walish Gooshe fashion show last month. I was sitting on the front and had an up close and personal view of his work. Can I just say that his tailoring, craftsmanship, and creativity sets him apart from so many menswear designers that I have seen in my day. This man used mesh to create a fab pair of pants! Mesh. You have to be a genius to make mesh look sleek and stylish. The fifth pic down is the mesh outfit. LOVE IT! If I had a man (the Love Gods are working on that one), I would want him to adorn himself in anything designed by Andrew Nowell.






0 comments: