The 5th Anniversary of Fashion Fights Poverty | Fashion Blogs :: DC Fashion Blog :: Shopping Blog :: Vintage Clothing

Monday, September 28, 2009

The 5th Anniversary of Fashion Fights Poverty



After spending a delightful time with the stylish George Worrell, I dashed over to the Mayflower Hotel, checked-in and hurried upstairs to get myself ready for the fashion show. I was wearing a vintage Pat Sandler sequin dress with a pair of fab silver sequin shoes. Can I just say that as a native, I have never had a staycation at The Mayflower Hotel, but I will be sure to take my next one there. The staff was great and the room was perfect. It is such a great location. I even loved the design on my bill. I would highly recommend the Mayflower for your next visit to DC or staycation.


I didn't take pictures of the fashion show because I just wanted to enjoy the show and not worry about writing everything down or taking pictures. I am glad that I did. I was able to really understand what Fashion Fights Poverty is all about. The founders (above) came out to tell about their amazing journey. They had slide shows in between the viewings. Each one talked about their mission, what they have accomplished in five years, and where there were headed next. I was truly inspired to learn more about this wonderful organization and quite possible volunteer.

There were six wonderful designers who graced the runways on Friday including Mirza Mperial, Nudie Jeans, Aidah Collection, Studio D-Maxsi, Rene Geneva, and ReneeQ Bespoke. All of the collections were top notch. But the star of the show was the model that Will Thomas of Fox 5 News dubbed DC's Naomi Campbell. He was so right. She had the most amazing walk and wore those clothes fabulously.




Another highlight of the night was these guys, especially the guy on the left. He was sitting in the next row of chairs and had walked by me several times. I could not help but notice his too fab outfit. The picture does not do it justice. He had on black jeans and a blacklight-colored vest with a crisp white shirt that he had rolled up and was adorned with lovely baubles around his neck. His hair was perfect. He looked stunning. I had to stop them and take their picture. They were so nice to agree. You go boys!

0 comments: